Overseas independent websites are one of the online marketing methods for cross-border e-commerce. If you want to make your website rank among the best in Google, you must first understand the Google algorithm. At present, Google uses the BERT algorithm launched two years ago. When this algorithm was just launched, it was called the biggest progress in the search field of Google in the past five years, and it was also one of the biggest progress in the history of Search. Now let's start with the BERT algorithm and master Google SEO marketing skills.
one. What is the BERT algorithm
BERT (Bidirectional Encoder Representation from Transformers), the Encoder of the bidirectional Transformer, "bidirectional" means that when the model processes a certain word, it can use the information of the previous word and the latter word at the same time. The BERT algorithm is a deep learning algorithm related to natural language processing that helps machines not only understand the meaning of words in a sentence, but also understand all the nuances of context.
Updates to the BERT algorithm primarily improve language comprehension, allowing users to search in a more natural way, especially for longer, more Latest Mailing Database conversational queries, or prepositions such as "for" and "to" , BERT can help Search better understand the nuances of words in Search and the context of words in queries, and make those queries better match with useful results.
two. An application example of the BERT algorithm is Googled
"how to catch a cow fishing". To explain here, in the United Kingdom, the word "cow" appears in fishing to mean a soft bass, a popular saltwater fish.
(1) On October 1, 2019, a Google search for the term "how to catch a cow fishing" provided results related to livestock. Even though the word "fishing" was intentionally used to provide context, Google ignored that context and just provided search results related to "cow".
(2) On October 25, 2019, a Google search for the term "how to catch a cow fishing" provided results for fishing and striped bass. As you can see in the image below:
From this, the BERT algorithm seems to have understood that the word "fishing" is contextually important and changed the search results to focus on fishing-related web pages.
Based on the above introduction, we can see that the Google algorithm pays more and more attention to the substantive content of the article, and the ranking of websites that are targeted and can effectively answer user questions is easier to improve. This also pointed out the direction for our future SEO.
1. Whether the content is of high quality: whether the quality of blog and faq articles is qualified, whether it hits the key words, and whether it can solve the doubts of users. Articles that are generalized and without substantive content are no longer the “dishes” of Google search;
2. Uniqueness: Whether it has its own uniqueness among many independent sites with similarities and minor differences, and whether it can provide users with more added value, determines whether The result of this independent site promotion work;
3. Page planning: This is a "cliché", no matter how Google's seo algorithm changes, whether the layout of the independent site is reasonable, and whether the page can be successfully opened on all devices, these are the primary concerns of SEOers The problem.
Doing SEO marketing always needs to keep up with the pace of Google's algorithm. The foreign trade market is changing rapidly. After understanding the basic connotation of the BERT algorithm and its impact on website optimization, it is time to start optimizing your website from the "bottom level".